Kill switch for stress • Zombies are real (VIDEO) • Lifestyle upgrade loop
- Kill switch for stress
- Zombies are real (VIDEO)
- Lifestyle upgrade loop
Reading Justin Andersun's post this week made me think of you. It had
- cool drawings.
Check out Turtle's Pace and consider subscribing. I did.
Thing 1 - Kill switch for stress
- Inhale twice (short, without exhaling) through the nose
- Exhale once, all the way, through the mouth
- Repeat 1-3 times
Dr. Andrew Huberman calls it a "physiological sigh".
Why it works
- When you breathe in, your chest expands and makes more space for your heart. Your heart expands a bit and blood flow slows a bit.
- Neurons in your heart then snitch to your brain that blood slowed down so the brain tells the heart to speed up.
- The opposite happens when you breathe out.
This means that if you breathe in longer than out, your heart speeds up. If you want to slow it down, your exhales need to be longer than your inhales.
Now read the protocol again and it should make sense 😉
Thing 2 - Zombies are real (VIDEO)
Tales of The Walking Dead started airing a week ago so this is fitting.
No need to get your bug-out bag or gear up just yet. World didn't end. We're just observing nature finding a way.
There are many ways this happens. I was surprised too.
Here's what they have in common.
- A fungus finds its favorite bug. Different fungi work with different bugs to get different effects.
- It kills it, sometimes eating portions of the body.
- The fungus takes control over the bug's body. It makes it do things it wouldn't do alive.
If the gif above isn't enough, there are plenty of other examples.
Is it just a matter of time until someone eats a 🍄🪲 in a dirty food market? Then gets mind-controlled by a fungus and starts a zombie apocalypse?
I don't think so. We're very different from bugs so those fungi wouldn't have the same effect on you. But these aren't bugs in the code so I'm not an expert, because...
Some fungal infections in humans cause "altered mental state" and "hallucinations" when they reach the brain. But they are rare and don't spread from person to person. For now. 🧟♂️
(source 1, source 2, source 3)
Thing 3 - Lifestyle upgrade loop
You don’t get happier as you upgrade your lifestyle, you get happier as you upgrade your mind.
- Orange Book
- You are addicted to a salary. (a.k.a. have bills to pay)
- You get a raise.
- You get a bigger house/better car/moar stuffs.
- You can't afford a lower salary.
- Your stress levels increase.
- You think a higher salary will solve it.
- Repeat 2-6.
You recognize that upgrading your lifestyle was the problem and you decide not to do it. Now what?
- Use the extra money to buy extra time. Outsource, simplify, remove.
- Use the extra time to upgrade your mind. Read, synthesize, write, create.
- Heal the salary addiction. Get alternative income sources to replace it. (optional, not for everybody)
Expecting fungi to jump out from behind every corner,