One Easy Hack to feel more energetic after lunch • World is getting better, and that's good • What makes you a role model
- World is getting better, and that's good
- Easy hack to feel more energetic after lunch
- What makes you a role model
Seems like 5 years is enough to forget how hard it is to move without movers. Because we did it again this week.
I am now typing this from the only corner of the house that isn't covered in boxes and half-assembled furniture.
Thing 1 - World is getting better, and that's good
Extreme Poverty is Declining
by 70% over the last 40 years
Increased Access to Electricity
Almost everyone has access to electricity. Just 10% of the population to go.
And 10 years ago, 1 billion people fewer had it.
- you can read and study at night
- you can keep food and medicine from spoiling by keeping them cool
- you can read this email because life is to enjoy it
Rapid Growth of Global Renewable Power
Renewable energy sources will become the dominant source of electricity.
This opens doors for abundant energy.
What does that get us?
What? Abundant cheap energy is not enough for you? Ok.
50% of diseases in the developing world are due to unclean drinking water.
Electricity can desalinate water or pull it out of the air → Global health improvement
(source 1, source 2, source 3)
Thing 2 - Easy hack to feel more energetic after lunch
It doesn't matter what you eat - if you eat too much, you'll be tired.
What happens when you stuff your face?
- A significant part of blood - and energy with it - needs to go to your gut to digest it.
- Neurons in your gut snitch to your brain that your stomach is full and activates brain circuits related to sedation.
Tell me the hack, Z!
- Eat until you're 85% full.
Yep, that's it.
Thing 3 - What makes you a role model
Downplaying your achievements is not the antidote to appearing arrogant.
Humility is acknowledging your weaknesses, not denying your strengths. Generosity is elevating others, not diminishing yourself.
Owning your success doesn't make you a narcissist—it makes you a role model.
- Adam Grant
I don't know who else needed to hear this, but here it is.
I had to take a 10 min power nap to write this email, please tell a few friends if you feel like it. 😄